Our Teen Challenge Florida
Tyler & Lauren Graeff, Executive Directors
What’s Been Happening at Our Rehab Center for Women?
This time of year, has a special meaning for our students, as they have stepped into a new chapter of their lives and the holidays have become a time of gratitude. Sobriety has allowed faith to take root and bring about the needed change for the beginning of a successful future. This is a unique opportunity to take time in a safe place to reset. A highlight of this season was when several of our graduates came back to share their own stories of hope and restoration. These are special moments as many of our students can begin to see beyond their present situation and be inspired with hope for their future.
Shanna, a 2012 graduate, shared with the ladies that the lessons she learned while she was here in this program has helped develop her into the wife, mother and leader she is today. Her first year out of the program she was restored with her 6-year-old son, who then, was just settling into first grade. He is now enjoying his high school years with supportive parents and a bright future. Who could ask for more! Shanna is part of a supportive church family; she has earned her, master’s degree in organizational psychology and is the human resource director at a national business and owner of her own security company. What a joy to be sober and on track with purpose! Taking time out to attend this substance abuse treatment program was a lifesaver for Shanna and an effective turning point for her whole family. Her story spoke volumes to our students that nothing is impossible, and that this investment of time and effort is worth it!
When I think of the story of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, I am reminded of what He did for me. I was dead and hopeless, but Jesus called me out of the grave and brought me back to life. Before coming into this Christian rehab program, I thought my family relationships were beyond repair. Teen Challenge Florida has restored my family and I am so grateful.
When I came into this Teen Challenge rehab center, I was broken and had wounds that I didn’t think could be healed. While there, God’s love consumed me and touched every part that needed healing. I learned that God had a plan and a purpose for my life and He loved me unconditionally.
Southeast Florida Women’s Rehab 30 Years of History
In 1988, the Southeast Florida Women’s Rehab had small beginnings helping women with addiction in a leased duplex located in downtown Fort Lauderdale. The need for help was great and in 1995 the rehab for women moved 15 minutes southwest of Fort Lauderdale to its new home nestled in the small town of Davie, known for its equestrian appeal. Women are welcomed into this large, well-maintained home that sits on 2 acres of beautifully landscaped property. Located only 15 minutes from the beach, our addiction treatment center offers a place of restoration in a tropical setting of palm trees and South Florida charm.
Our Family Timeline:
- 1988– Rick & Donna Fernandez took over the crisis center; a 2-4 week program with a 4 bed capacity in Fort Lauderdale
- 1995– The purchase of the Southeast Florida Women’s Rehab on 2 acres of property in west Broward with a 12-bed capacity
- 2004– Chapel/multi-purpose room built and dedicated as the “Ophelia Hall- “A Place of Healing, Joy, and Restoration”
- 2007– Outdoor pavilion, storage, and laundry facility was added
- 2013– Celebrated 25 years of ministry and service in the South Florida area
- 2018– Marks 30 years of miracles
- 2019– The Great Room was completed and is our multi-purpose gathering facility.
- 2019 – The Ophelia Hall became the permanent Education Center.
- Today– Our Christian rehab center can house 16 ladies who work towards freedom and find God’s purpose for their lives to become the people they were created to be.
Milestones at Southeast Florida Women’s Rehab
30 YEAR STATS (1988- 2018)
- 77,000 – Calls for Help
- 600 – New Students
- 139 – Graduations
- 253,000 – Heard the Message of Hope